The health and safety of our employees, local communities, customers and anyone involved in our activities, as well as environmental protection, have great relevance in the management of the business.
The Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policy of ICROM aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Protect and strive for improvement a healthy and safe working environment by promoting positive actions and attitudes.
- Eliminate HSE accidents and work-related injuries.
- Set HSE performance objectives, measure results, assess and continually improve processes and services through the use of an effective Safety and Environmental
- Management System
- Minimize environmental footprint through pollution prevention, reduction of natural resource an emission consumption and emissions, and the reduction/recycling of waste
To achieve these objectives, ICROM continuously strives to:
- Conduct the Job Safety Analysis of safety-related issues
- Identify and mitigate potential risks by risk Management and Hazard Operability (HAZOP) Plans
- Comply strictly with all applicable laws and with all HSE procedures
- Safety training for employees and managers
- Manufacture products and operate processes and technologies in a safe manner after assessing them for their risks and environmental impact
- Apply technical skills to all HSE aspects in the design and engineering of services and products
- Ensure the updating of emergency procedures and resources in place to control and limit the impact of any incidents
- Measure HSE performance and periodically audit operations to ensure that programmes are delivering the expected results and contribute to ICROM continuous improvement
- Identify safe behavioural practices, ensure that these are applied, monitored and appraised by management and workers
The EHS policy is regularly reviewed to ensure on-going suitability
Icrom made substantial investments to safeguarding the environment and strive to achieve full compliance with all environment-related rules and regulations.
All off-gases are conveyed to scrubbers for neutralization.
Icrom applies chemical-physical and biological treatment for liquid wastes; otherwise wastes are sent for treatment to external authorised waste disposal companies
Efficiency and Renewable energy
Icrom made several investments aimed at reducing its energy consumption such as solar thermal panels and substitution of low-efficiency electric/mechanical equipment